If yesterday I post about a Zend Framework Quickstart tutorial, today announced the availability of version 1.5 of Zend Framework.
Additional features in Zend Framework 1.5 include support for several new services and enhancements to already popular features that make building modern web sites easier and faster than ever:
- Forms – Zend Framework now supports forms, including Ajax usage patterns that make building and using web-based forms much easier.
- Layout and view – Layout support and view enhancements make it easier than ever to implement a consistent look and feel throughout PHP applications and save developers time by keeping web application views componentized.
- LDAP authentication – Zend Framework now comes with enterprise-ready authentication through support for LDAP technology.
- Lucene search engine – Now it is possible to implement advanced queries using wildcards, date ranges, and fuzzy searches from within a ZP application.
- UTF-8 character sets in Adobe PDF creation – Zend Framework’s PDF support has been enhanced to enable non-Latin character sets such as Kanji, Cyrillic, and many others.
- Google GData web services – Significant enhancements to Google Data services now make it easier than ever to build web applications that leverage the Google application network. New in Zend Framework 1.5 is support for upload and write capabilities to Google YouTube.
What else to say … start download!